Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Cooking Update

So, as you might have guessed, I haven't starved myself yet. This is a good sign, although this is only the beginning of my culinary adventures. I have learned to prepare eggs, I've gotten fairly good at it, as well as potatoes (versatile things, boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew...) And thankfully, I only eat three meals a day with a medium size snack (it's kind of like dinner and supper-but no elevenses).

But yes, my culinary skills are improving (Yay!!). Since I am required to eat my cooking, this is a good thing. I do have a great kitchen-klutz story though. I was making pancakes and eggs (with mushrooms, green peppers, tomatoes and cheese. Yum) when I noticed that not only were the pancakes not cooking, but my eggs were taking a long time to cook. I waited for about 5 minutes before thinking to turn up the burners. Imagine my surprise when I realized that I had forgotten to turn the darn things on (oops. Maybe I will go with Frodo. You all thought I was kidding).

On a side note, today I removed a sliver from my right hand. I had to use my left hand. As a right-handed person, I was kind of proud of myself. I know it's silly, but I wanted to share anyway.

(Also, I love these quotes, even if they relates to nothing really "(He's) as fierce as a dragon in a pinch." I'm trying to decide if this is a good thing or not. And, "And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. History became legend, legend became myth." Hey, that doesn't ever happen in reality. Be on the lookout for those in future posts. I want to sneak them in)

And What Have I Got In My Pocket? Go ahead, guess.

(A special thanks to Tolkien and the movie trilogy for providing quotes that, at the very least, entertain me tremendously).

No comments:

Post a Comment