Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Grad School

I'm not going to say that my first year of grad school is kicking my butt and that it's way harder in some ways than I expected, that I am feeling overwhelmed on a regular basis (but this all may be true). I'm also not going to admit that I have been a crappy blogger lately. Oh wait, that point I will admit to. Fine. While I'm confessing (and you may know this about me) I hate Pride and Prejudice the book. Love every movie adaptation, love Bridget Jone's Diary, love The Lizzie Bennet Diaries, I don't know. Does that make me a bad person? Or a bad English major? Maybe... North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell on the other hand, I adore. It's like Pride and Prejudice with ACTUAL prejudice, dealing with strikes at mills in North England.

 In some ways, I really find myself missing the good ol' 9-5 schedule (though I prefer a 10-6 myself), I have really enjoyed being back at school. I have chosen a topic for my thesis that is nerdy as all get-out and that I am SO EXCITED for (I won't subject you to that in this post, there will be plenty of time for that later). I've met wonderful people, fellow nerds in grad school and who are undergrads, and found a church that I really love worshiping and learning at.

So yeah. Life is good. God is good, all the time.

Even though I have a bad habit of trying to do too much (I'm in a lot of classes right now and trying to write my thesis proposal. Yikes). I sometimes feel like I've been hit with a freight train of homework and things to consider.

I figure overwhelmed is better than underwhelmed, right? We shall see. I shall attempt to be a better blogger, we'll see how long that lasts.

More soon.

Bailey out.

No comments:

Post a Comment